Working on new draft heavy post, but wanted to go ahead and get up a new thread letting you discuss all things new Atlanta Falcon Osi Umenyiora. Here’s some questions to help you out…….
1) What’s your overall thoughts on the signing: good, bad, or ugly?
2) Does this mean the Falcons are staying permanently in the 4-3 defense?
3) What’s your thoughts on the contract: 2 years, $5 mill guaranteed, $8.5 million overall, that could rise to $12 million with incentives.
4) Is this much better than just keep John Abraham?
5) Who will be lining up opposite Umenyiora? Biermann, Matthews, Massaquoi, or draft pick?
6) Speaking of, is there any way the Falcons can convince Abe to comeback for one more year on the cheap?
7) How does this affect the Falcons draft plans?
8.) Are the Falcons putting too many eggs in one basket with all these older vets?
9) Will Umenyiora being a two-time Super Bowl winner help in the locker room?