A breakdown of the key plays from the Falcons-Cowboys game after reviewing the Coaches’ Film:
1. How Cowboys punt returner Dwayne Harris broke loose on a 37-yard punt return.
Smith is the first player down the field, but he goes too deep. Harris catches the ball and takes off. Long snapper Josh Harris and backup tight end Tommy Gallarda got their hands on Harris. But punter Matt Bosher made Harris make a spin move that allowed linebacker Mike Peterson to catch up and make the tackle.
Harris appeared headed for a touchdown until Bosher slowed him down and Peterson made a hustle play. The Cowboys ended up with a field goal instead.
2. Matt Bryant pushed this 37-yard field goal wide right.
3. On third-and-20, Kevin Ogletree got loose for a 65-yard gain on cornerback Dunta Robinson.
At the 36-yard line (which would have been one yard shy of the first down), Robinson made a move toward Ogletree, but he kept running and Robinson couldn’t recover.
4. Falcons cornerback Asante Samuel almost intercepts what looked like a touchdown strike to Dez Bryant.
Samuel was upset that he didn’t get the pick, but this ended up being a very big play. The Cowboys didn’t get the touchdown and Dan Bailey would miss a 54-yard field goal attempt.
5. Michael Turner received some nice blocks from Tyson Clabo, Lousaka Polite and Roddy White on his 43-yard run to set up the touchdown and winning points.
Roddy White (below) gets a key seal block on Turner’s longest run of the season.
6. Julio Jones picked up 8 yards and a key first down. He eluded Dallas linebacker DeMarcus Ware to make the play work.
Dallas outside linebacker DeMarcus Ware nearly blew up the play, but Jones has some quick feet.
Jones turned a near loss on third-and-1 into an 8-yard gain.
OTHER RECENT NEWS