BIRDLAND – For all of you singers who didn’t make the American Idol cut, the Falcons have another opportunity for
The team along with its radio partner, 92.9 Dave FM, will conduct a National Anthem competition to determine a performer for a home game this season.
(My repeated requests of the team to line up Decatur’s Keri HIlson for the National Anthem have fallen on deaf ears. Also, Monica, who did a great job with the anthem during the NBA Finals in Boston, should be considered.)
Participants must submit their video performance via YouTube by July 5.
The top finalists will be posted online at www.atlantafalcons.com/perform and fans will be given the opportunity to vote for who they would like to see perform the National Anthem at a game this season.
Before we get to the rules, let me give you all five singing tips. Over the years as a sportswriter, I’ve listened to thousands of National Anthems.
Now, on to the rules:
1. The Anthem should be no longer than 1 minute and 30 seconds.
2. Acappella is preferred but musical instruments are accepted.
3. Must be 13 years of age or older to submit an entry.
4. Groups are acceptable, but no groups larger than 6 members.
5. Limit one entry per person or group.
6. Videotaped performance must have occurred in the last two years.
7. Video must be uploaded to YouTube.com (No Exceptions).
8. Deadline for submission is 11:59 p.m. EST on Monday, July 5.
9. Falcons and Dave FM associates will choose finalists.
10. Finalists posted at www.atlantafalcons.com/perform beginning on Monday, July 12.
11. Fan voting begins on Monday, July 12 and ends at 5 p.m. EST on Thursday, July 15.
12. Winner(s) announced on Friday, July 16 at www.atlantafalcons.com/perform.
13. Submitting entry grants the Atlanta Falcons and Dave FM right to publish entry online or broadcast entry on air at 92.9 Dave FM.