SW DeKalb’s Eric Ward gets tryout with the Falcons
Quarterback Eric Ward, who guided Richmond to the football championship subdivision (I-AA) national championship in 2008, is trying out with the Falcons. He played high school football at Southwest Dekalb.
FLOWERY BRANCH – The Falcons will give six players tryouts during the team’s three-day minicamp that is underway.
Here’s a look at the tryout players:
- Eric Ward, QB, Richmond, 6-foot-2, 210 pounds: Is from Atlanta and played at Southwest DeKalb. In 2008, he set single-season school records in passing yards (2,808), completion percentage (64.1), attempts (359), completions (230), while tying for seventh in TD passes (17).
- R.J. Webb, WR, Furman, 6-2, 205: Is from Pickens, S.C. Is a big threat who battled knee injuries throughout his career at Furman.
- Arman Shields, WR, Richmond, 6-2, 185: Is from Gonzaga High in Washington, D.C.
- Steven Stone, DE, Vanderbilt, 6-5, 267: Is from Conway, Arkansas. Suffered a foot fracture last season. Entered last season with 25 consecutive starts.
- Daylan Walker, DB, Arkansas State, 5-9, 177: He was selected All-Sun Belt Conference honorable mention by both the Sun Belt Coaches and Media.
- Robert Maver, PK, U of Guelph (Canada), 5-11, 212: Played with the Calgary Stampeders of the Canadian Football League. Versatile kicker who handles kickoffs, punts and field goals.