Braves Alumni Weekend (Friday-Sunday)
• John Smoltz Hall of Fame induction – Omni Hotel, 11:30 a.m. (sold out)
• Smoltz number retirement ceremony – 7 p.m., Turner Field (to be shown on Fox Sports South, followed by Braves vs. Blue Jays on WPCH). Smoltz’s 29 will be the ninth retired Braves uniform number, joining Hank Aaron (44), Eddie Mathews (41), Dale Murphy (3), Phil Niekro (35), Warren Spahn (21), Greg Maddux (31), Tom Glavine (47) and Bobby Cox (6).
Braves vs. Blue Jays, 7:35 p.m. (gates open 5 p.m.)
• Alumni autographs 5:30-6:30 p.m. (at locations around ballpark). Confirmed alumni: Sid Bream, Rick Camp, Bobby Cox, Marvin Freeman, Andy Ashby, Mike Bell, Mike Bielecki, Marty Perez, Craig Skok, Tony Brizzolara, Brad Clontz, Otis Nixon, Jeff Treadway, Greg McMichael, Pete VanWieren, Jay Howell, Ryan Klesko, Kevin Gryboski, Bob Horner, Jose Alvarez, Dwight Smith, Todd Pratt, Chris Seelbach, John Sullivan, Jim Nash, Denny Neagle, Jerome Walton, Phil Niekro, Francisco Cabrera, Leo Mazzone, Ron Gant and Mark Wohlers.
• Postgame fireworks
Braves vs. Blue Jays, 4:05 p.m. (gates open 1 p.m.)
• Alumni softball game — 2:30 p.m.-3:30 pm.
• “Sid Slide” pregame ceremony– 3:40 p.m. To celebrate 20th anniversary of Bream’s climactic slide into home plate in Game 7 of the 1992 National League Championship Series, a ceremony will honor Bream, Francisco Cabrera and home plate umpire Randy Marsh. Longtime Braves broadcaster Pete Van Wieren will be the host.
• “Sid Bream Slides” bobblehead giveaway – The first 20,000 fans receive a bobblehead depicting the famous slide. Bobbleheads distributed at the gates.
Braves vs. Blue Jays, 1:35 p.m. (gates open 11 a.m.)
• Alumni Sunday: Former Braves greet fans and have pictures taken with them at stations around the ballpark. Confirmed for Sunday: Sid Bream, Rick Camp, Marvin Freeman, Andy Ashby, Mike Bell, Mike Bielecki, Marty Perez, Craig Skok, Tony Brizzolara, Brad Clontz, Pete Smith, Otis Nixon, Jeff Treadway, Greg McMichael, Jay Howell, Javy Lopez, Dale Murphy, Mike Remlinger, C.J. Nitkowski, Tom Paciorek, Todd Pratt, Chris Seelbach, John Sullivan, Jim Nash, Denny Neagle, Jerome Walton and Francisco Cabrera.
• Braves Ride ‘n’ Rally: To raise money for the American Diabetes Association. The first 300 bikers to purchase tickets get to participate in the ride around Turner Field with Braves alumni. $35 ticket includes VIP Blue Lot parking pass, Ride Around pass, donation to American Diabetes Association, Ride ‘n’ Rally drawstring bag.
• Kids Run the Bases: Weekly Sunday event, kids 14 and under can run the bases after the game. Meet at the Hank Aaron ramp at aisle 129 on Field Level.