Braves Happy Land (for a day at least) – After Jo-Jo Reyes combined with two relievers for a three-hitter against the NL’s top-hitting team last night, and Matt Diaz delivered a game-winning two-out, two-run single in the eighth inning, Chipper Jones got to thinking….
”We played well enough to win tonight,” Jones said after the Braves’ 2-1 victory against the Cardinals on Tuesday. “We didn’t swing the bats particularly well. But Jo-Jo and the bullpen were outstanding, the defense was outstanding, and we finally got a timely hit to win.
How much more encouraged are you by bullpen lately?
- A lot, especially with Soriano and Gonzalez pitching so well
- Feel a little better about it, but still some health concerns
- I felt good about it before, feel as good or better now
- I’ll reserve judgment until I see them a few more weeks
- Still worried about health and/or the lefty situation
”That’s shades of the early and mid-90s