Update: Marshalls will open at 7 a.m. Friday.
A sampling of Black Friday openings in the Atlanta area
Academy Sports and Outdoors: 5 a.m. Friday
Belk: 3 a.m. Friday
Best Buy: Midnight Friday, preceded outside several locations by 9 p.m. Thursday screening of “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2.” Free snacks and refreshments available 8 p.m. Placeholder tickets distributed as early as 10 p.m.
Brandsmart: 10 p.m. Thursday
Dick’s Sporting Goods: 5 a.m. Friday
Disney stores: midnight Friday (Town Center at Cobb store opens 11 p.m. Thursday)
HHGregg: midnight Friday
J.C. Penney: 4 a.m. Friday
Kmart: 6 a.m. Thursday
Kohl’s: midnight Friday
La-Z-Boy: 9 a.m. Friday
Macy’s: midnight Friday
Marshalls: 7 a.m. Friday
Old Navy: 9 a.m.-8 p.m. Thursday, reopening midnight Friday
Radio Shack: 5:30 a.m. Friday
Sears: 4 a.m. Friday
Sports Authority: 5 a.m. Friday
Staples: 4 a.m. Friday
Stein Mart: 6 a.m. Friday
Target: midnight Friday
Toys R Us: 9 p.m. Thursday; another set of doorbusters on sale 5 a.m. Friday
Walmart: Toys, home and apparel sale begins 10 p.m. Thursday. Electronics sale begins midnight Friday. Additional sales begin 8 a.m. Friday.
*Editor’s note: Midnight Friday is, of course, Friday morning, not Friday night.
For mall hours, click here.
– By Lauren Davidson, Atlanta Bargain Hunter
Going shopping on Black Friday? Use #BlackFridayATL to join the Twitter conversation on deals, parking and traffic.
• Monday: Wes Moss, host of WSB's 'Money Matters'
• Tuesday: Weekly focus on trends, ID theft & more
• Wednesday: Jessica Shops' Deals, Steals & Trends
• Thursday: Clark Howard, Atlanta's consumer expert
• Friday: Coupon Mom's Ways to Save on Groceries
Follow Bargain Hunter: Twitter | Facebook | Email
• The Atlanta 50: What to See and Do, our inside scoop on Atlanta’s vibrant cultural and leisure scene, including tips on parking, where you should go and best times to avoid big crowds. Order e-book guide today.
• The Atlanta 50: Where to eat, John Kessler's e-book and print guide to 50 of the top area restaurants.
Vacation stops, manage subscriptions and more