Nedra Rhone, a Midwest native with Southern roots, was raised in a household where shopping was a four-letter word: SALE.
She spent Saturday mornings with mom trekking from the supermarket to the butcher to the produce stand, all in pursuit of the best deals. If the principles of value, frugality and saving hadn’t taken effect in childhood (and they did), she would have figured it out while earning a bachelor’s degree in economics and managing to avoid massive student debt.
A passion for the written word eventually led to a career in journalism and to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, where she has covered shopping, style, lifestyle trends and consumer issues since 2006.
She’s all grown up now, and a mom herself, but remains a sucker for a good sale.
• Monday: Wes Moss, host of WSB's 'Money Matters'
• Tuesday: Weekly focus on trends, ID theft & more
• Wednesday: Jessica Shops' Deals, Steals & Trends
• Thursday: Clark Howard, Atlanta's consumer expert
• Friday: Coupon Mom's Ways to Save on Groceries
Follow Bargain Hunter: Twitter | Facebook | Email
• The Atlanta 50: What to See and Do, our inside scoop on Atlanta’s vibrant cultural and leisure scene, including tips on parking, where you should go and best times to avoid big crowds. Order e-book guide today.
• The Atlanta 50: Where to eat, John Kessler's e-book and print guide to 50 of the top area restaurants.
Vacation stops, manage subscriptions and more