1:46 pm January 8, 2013, by Nedra Rhone
Tomorrow, Pollo Tropical is sponsoring a one-day campaign “A Handheld for a Handheld” with the goal of collecting 2,000 cell phones for charity.
Donate any old cell phone (there is no limit on the number of phones you can donate) and get a new Pollo Tropical Beef Wrap made of beef sautéed with onions and pepper simmered in a sweet and slightly spicy sauce and topped with melted Monterey Jack and Cheddar cheeses.
The phones need to have a battery, but do not have to be in working order. All makes and models will be accepted. They will be refurbished or recycled for parts to help support programs and services at Women In Distress, including emergency shelter, crisis hotline, advocacy programs, children’s services and more for families affected by domestic violence.
There are two metro area Pollo Tropical locations:
2955 Cobb Parkway #910, 770-612-9775
Mon-Sun: 10:30 a.m. – 12 a.m.
825 Duluth Highway, Lawrenceville. 770-339-7913.
Hours: Mon-Thu: 10:30 a.m.- 11:00 p.m.
Fri-Sat: 10:30 a.m. – 12:00 a.m.
Sun: 10:30 a.m. – 11:00 p.m.
– Nedra Rhone, for the Atlanta Bargain Hunter blog
• Monday: Wes Moss, host of WSB's 'Money Matters'
• Tuesday: Weekly focus on trends, ID theft & more
• Wednesday: Jessica Shops' Deals, Steals & Trends
• Thursday: Clark Howard, Atlanta's consumer expert
• Friday: Coupon Mom's Ways to Save on Groceries
Follow Bargain Hunter: Twitter | Facebook | Email
• The Atlanta 50: What to See and Do, our inside scoop on Atlanta’s vibrant cultural and leisure scene, including tips on parking, where you should go and best times to avoid big crowds. Order e-book guide today.
• The Atlanta 50: Where to eat, John Kessler's e-book and print guide to 50 of the top area restaurants.
Vacation stops, manage subscriptions and more