3:30 pm December 19, 2012, by Nedra Rhone
Macy’s is helping last minute holiday shoppers by staying open for 48 hours straight this year.
Beginning Friday, Dec. 21 at 7 a.m. through Sunday, Dec. 23 at 7 a.m., you can shop Macy’s stores around-the-clock for deals on last minute gifts.
The shopping marathon started in 2006 when Macy’s Queens Center in New York stayed open for 24 hours. In the last six years, the program added an additional 24 hours and expanded to stores nationwide including all metro-area Macy’s stores — except the furniture galleries.
The sale represents the last Macy’s One Day Sale of the year with gifts options as low as $25. The One Day Sale offers end at 7 a.m. on Sunday though stores will remain open through the evening and will be open again on Christmas Eve until 6 p.m.
What do you think of non-stop shopping at Macy’s? Will you take advantage of the 48 hour opening?
– Nedra Rhone, for the Atlanta Bargain Hunter blog
• Monday: Wes Moss, host of WSB's 'Money Matters'
• Tuesday: Weekly focus on trends, ID theft & more
• Wednesday: Jessica Shops' Deals, Steals & Trends
• Thursday: Clark Howard, Atlanta's consumer expert
• Friday: Coupon Mom's Ways to Save on Groceries
Follow Bargain Hunter: Twitter | Facebook | Email
• The Atlanta 50: What to See and Do, our inside scoop on Atlanta’s vibrant cultural and leisure scene, including tips on parking, where you should go and best times to avoid big crowds. Order e-book guide today.
• The Atlanta 50: Where to eat, John Kessler's e-book and print guide to 50 of the top area restaurants.
Vacation stops, manage subscriptions and more