2:00 pm December 12, 2012, by Nedra Rhone
I love visiting with family for the holidays, but traveling during Christmas is tough. It usually means I have to mail gifts for my entire family!
Shopping online and having items shipped helps, but not if you engage in the bargain hunting practice of shopping for Christmas gifts year-round.
I would need a box the size of a Smart Car to ship the pile of stuff currently sitting in my living room. So I’ll be shipping multiple boxes this year, which means I better get started.
If you want your packages to get there by Christmas, time is running out. Here’s a quick run-down of shipping deadlines from the United States Postal Service. For more information and shipping rates visit the USPS website:
First-Class Mail® Service Dec. 20
Priority Mail® Service Dec. 21
Express Mail® Service Dec. 22 (Some Express Mail destinations may have extended service commitments.)
Parcel Post® Service Dec. 14
Some deadlines for International and Military mail have already passed, so be sure to check your shipping destination.
You can also calculate shipping prices, print labels and schedule package pick-ups online.
– Nedra Rhone, for the Atlanta Bargain Hunter blog
• Monday: Wes Moss, host of WSB's 'Money Matters'
• Tuesday: Weekly focus on trends, ID theft & more
• Wednesday: Jessica Shops' Deals, Steals & Trends
• Thursday: Clark Howard, Atlanta's consumer expert
• Friday: Coupon Mom's Ways to Save on Groceries
Follow Bargain Hunter: Twitter | Facebook | Email
• The Atlanta 50: What to See and Do, our inside scoop on Atlanta’s vibrant cultural and leisure scene, including tips on parking, where you should go and best times to avoid big crowds. Order e-book guide today.
• The Atlanta 50: Where to eat, John Kessler's e-book and print guide to 50 of the top area restaurants.
Vacation stops, manage subscriptions and more