10:40 am December 7, 2012, by Nedra Rhone
Looking for an inexpensive way to entertain the kids this month?
Now through Dec. 22, the Braves Museum is offering complimentary guided tours of Turner Field for children 13 and under who donate a new and unwrapped toy to the Atlanta Braves Foundation. The donated toys will go to children in need during the holiday season.
Children attending the tour must be accompanied by at least one paid adult (the fee is $12). Each adult can bring up to four children with toys. The offer is only valid for walk-up tickets not pre-booked groups. The regular tour fee for children 13 an under is $8.
The Museum – the starting point of the tour – features more than 700 Braves artifacts and photographs tracing the team’s history from its beginnings in Boston, to Milwaukee and eventually to Atlanta.
The tour continues to other areas including the Braves press box, broadcast booth, clubhouse and dugout.
– Nedra Rhone, for the Atlanta Bargain Hunter blog
• Monday: Wes Moss, host of WSB's 'Money Matters'
• Tuesday: Weekly focus on trends, ID theft & more
• Wednesday: Jessica Shops' Deals, Steals & Trends
• Thursday: Clark Howard, Atlanta's consumer expert
• Friday: Coupon Mom's Ways to Save on Groceries
Follow Bargain Hunter: Twitter | Facebook | Email
• The Atlanta 50: What to See and Do, our inside scoop on Atlanta’s vibrant cultural and leisure scene, including tips on parking, where you should go and best times to avoid big crowds. Order e-book guide today.
• The Atlanta 50: Where to eat, John Kessler's e-book and print guide to 50 of the top area restaurants.
Vacation stops, manage subscriptions and more