4:30 pm November 9, 2012, by Nedra Rhone
Von Maur department store opens its second metro-area location in Perimeter Mall with a grand opening event on Sat. to include music, face-painting, gifts with purchase and a chance to win a $1,000 shopping spree.
Ten Thousand Villages: From 11 a.m. – 6 p.m., Sat., the fair trade retailer hosts its annual bag sale. Shoppers take 20 percent off anything they can fit in the paper bag provided by the store. Jewelry, scarves, home decor and more are fair game.
Home Depot: Have you started hanging your Yuletide decorations? Save a little cash and energy by participating in The Home Depot’s fifth annual Christmas Light Trade-In. Customers who bring their old working or non-working Christmas light strings to Home Depot for recycling by Nov. 14 will receive coupons from $3 – $5 off the purchase of energy efficient seasonal LED string lights — $3 off Home Accents Holiday, $4 off Martha Stewart Living and GE and $5 off EcoSmart and Lightshow. Limited to five discounts per customer.
What bargains are you hunting this weekend?
– Nedra Rhone, for the Atlanta Bargain Hunter blog
• Monday: Wes Moss, host of WSB's 'Money Matters'
• Tuesday: Weekly focus on trends, ID theft & more
• Wednesday: Jessica Shops' Deals, Steals & Trends
• Thursday: Clark Howard, Atlanta's consumer expert
• Friday: Coupon Mom's Ways to Save on Groceries
Follow Bargain Hunter: Twitter | Facebook | Email
• The Atlanta 50: What to See and Do, our inside scoop on Atlanta’s vibrant cultural and leisure scene, including tips on parking, where you should go and best times to avoid big crowds. Order e-book guide today.
• The Atlanta 50: Where to eat, John Kessler's e-book and print guide to 50 of the top area restaurants.
Vacation stops, manage subscriptions and more