3:05 pm November 2, 2012, by Nedra Rhone
A few discounted shopping events this weekend:
Nordstrom Half-Yearly sale: Right now, get discounts of up to 40 percent on clothing and accessories for women and kids. Some home and gift items are also available. Deals include cashmere sweaters for $70 and decorative pillows for $20. You can shop in-store or online with free shipping and free returns.
Unclaimed Baggage Center – If you have a little time on your hands, take a drive to Scottsboro, Ala. for the Unclaimed Baggage Center’s 31th annual Winter and Ski Event on Sat. Nov. 3. Doors open at 7 a.m CST.
Expect to see merchandise including coats and jackets from brands such as North Face, Columbia, REI, Arcteryx, Marmot, Burton, Nordica, K2 and Rossignol. As the name suggests, the 40,000-square-foot shopping destination includes items from unclaimed baggage and freight, as well as lost articles purchased by Unclaimed Baggage Center.
Know of any other sales this weekend?
• Monday: Wes Moss, host of WSB's 'Money Matters'
• Tuesday: Weekly focus on trends, ID theft & more
• Wednesday: Jessica Shops' Deals, Steals & Trends
• Thursday: Clark Howard, Atlanta's consumer expert
• Friday: Coupon Mom's Ways to Save on Groceries
Follow Bargain Hunter: Twitter | Facebook | Email
• The Atlanta 50: What to See and Do, our inside scoop on Atlanta’s vibrant cultural and leisure scene, including tips on parking, where you should go and best times to avoid big crowds. Order e-book guide today.
• The Atlanta 50: Where to eat, John Kessler's e-book and print guide to 50 of the top area restaurants.
Vacation stops, manage subscriptions and more