11:30 am October 5, 2012, by Nedra Rhone
Do you remember your favorite teacher?
I had two: my amazing sixth grade English teacher and a remarkable professor in journalism school. Even after all these years, I remember so much of what they taught me.
So when I saw that two women’s clothing retailers were offering special discounts to educators, I was thrilled to share — I just wish the discounts were a little deeper.
Tomorrow, Sat., Oct. 6, metro area Dressbarn locations will host a Teacher Appreciation event. Teachers will receive an exclusive 20 percent discount off their entire purchase of regular-priced merchandise and be treated to personal attention, fashion tips and more to help them look and feel their best.
Teachers can also save on the latest fashions from Loft at The Avenue Forsyth when they sign up for “Loft Loves Teachers.” This special includes 15 percent off every full-price, in-store purchase, plus a special offer when you first sign up. The offer is valid until Dec. 31. More details available in-store.
So take your favorite teacher shopping!
– Nedra Rhone, for the Atlanta Bargain Hunter blog
• Monday: Wes Moss, host of WSB's 'Money Matters'
• Tuesday: Weekly focus on trends, ID theft & more
• Wednesday: Jessica Shops' Deals, Steals & Trends
• Thursday: Clark Howard, Atlanta's consumer expert
• Friday: Coupon Mom's Ways to Save on Groceries
Follow Bargain Hunter: Twitter | Facebook | Email
• The Atlanta 50: What to See and Do, our inside scoop on Atlanta’s vibrant cultural and leisure scene, including tips on parking, where you should go and best times to avoid big crowds. Order e-book guide today.
• The Atlanta 50: Where to eat, John Kessler's e-book and print guide to 50 of the top area restaurants.
Vacation stops, manage subscriptions and more