11:30 am October 4, 2012, by Nedra Rhone
This is a great weekend for art lovers.
On the first full weekend of each month as part of the “Museums on Us” program, Bank of America cardholders gain free entry into four metro area museums including the High Museum of Art and the Atlanta History Center, as well as Booth Western Art Museum and Tellus Science Museum (both in Cartersville.) Just show a Bank of America ATM, credit or check card along with a valid photo ID and admission is free (though admission does not guarantee a reservation). The promotion is valid for Saturday and Sunday, Oct. 6 and Oct. 7.
Also taking place Saturday night only is Flux Night , the annual evening of free public art on display in Castleberry Hill Arts District. The event begins at 8 p.m. with a parade and ends at midnight with a performance and after party at Elliott Street Deli & Pub. More than a dozen art installations include digital graffiti and a sound installation made with piano wires stretched from a parking deck. Food trucks are on-site at 7 p.m.
– Nedra Rhone, for the Atlanta Bargain Hunter blog
• Monday: Wes Moss, host of WSB's 'Money Matters'
• Tuesday: Weekly focus on trends, ID theft & more
• Wednesday: Jessica Shops' Deals, Steals & Trends
• Thursday: Clark Howard, Atlanta's consumer expert
• Friday: Coupon Mom's Ways to Save on Groceries
Follow Bargain Hunter: Twitter | Facebook | Email
• The Atlanta 50: What to See and Do, our inside scoop on Atlanta’s vibrant cultural and leisure scene, including tips on parking, where you should go and best times to avoid big crowds. Order e-book guide today.
• The Atlanta 50: Where to eat, John Kessler's e-book and print guide to 50 of the top area restaurants.
Vacation stops, manage subscriptions and more