Maybelline, GUM: Find many good store coupons and sale items for Publix in the “Score Big Savings” circular found in store flyer racks. You can combine Publix store coupons with manufacturers coupons for the same item. For example, the Publix flyer has a coupon for $2 off any Maybelline cosmetic. Combine that with $1 Maybelline coupons found in the Sept. 9 RedPlum circular to save $3 off per item. Publix has GUM Super Tip or Micro Tip toothbrushes on sale for $1 each in select stores. Use the 55-cent coupon from the Aug. 5 SmartSource circular to pay 45 cents per toothbrush.
Balance Rewards: Walgreens has a new savings program called Balance Rewards, which began Sunday. You can join in-store or online. Once you’ve joined, use your Balance Rewards card or phone number at the register to earn points on purchases that you can redeem for store credit at Walgreens. You can even download a free app that tracks your reward points. Every 1,000 points is worth $1 in store credit rewards. All sale items will require using the Balance Rewards card to get the sale prices, which is similar to other store loyalty programs. Here are some ways the discounts can work:
● This week Walgreens has Nice! 24 pack Purified Water (16.9-ounce bottles) on sale for $1.99. You will get 500 Balance Rewards points worth 50 cents, so your net cost will be $1.49, or only 6 cents per bottle. Limit three.
● Walgreens has Mitchum or Lady Mitchum deodorant on sale for $1.99 with the Balance Rewards card. Use the 75-cent coupon from the Sept. 16 store coupon circular to pay $1.24 at the register. You will get 1,000 Balance Reward points in your account worth $1, so your net cost will be 24 cents per item.
● Walgreens has Stouffers frozen entrees (9.6 ounce to 12 ounce) on sale for $2.50 each with card. When you buy $15 worth of participating items, including this one, you will get 1,500 Balance Rewards points worth $1.50. If you buy six entrees and use three of the $1.50-off-two coupons from the Sept. 9 RedPlum circular, you will pay $10.50 at the register. You will get $1.50 in Balance Rewards points, so your net cost will be $9, or $1.50 per meal.
● Walgreens has Stride ID gum (14 count) on sale for $2 each with card. When you buy two, you can use the $1 coupon from the Sept. 16 circular to pay 50 cents each at the register. You will get 1,000 Balance Rewards points when you buy two, so your net cost will be free.
+UP Rewards: Rite Aid shoppers now have the convenience of getting +UP Rewards automatically loaded on your store Wellness card rather than printing at the register. It will be available to redeem at 6 a.m. the day after you buy the item. Never lose another +UP Reward coupon again.
Mars, Dove: Rite Aid has Mars miniatures and Dove miniatures (8.5- to 11.5-ounce bags) on sale for $3 each. Buy two bags and use the $1-off-two coupon from the Aug. 26 RedPlum circular. You will pay $5 at the register and get a $2 +UP Reward loaded on your Wellness card when you buy $6 of participating items including this one, so your net cost will be $1.50 per bag (regularly $3.49). It’s not too early to stock up for Halloween.
Office supply deals
Staples: Scotch shipping tape with dispenser (2 inches by 800 inches) is on sale for $2 (regularly $3.49). Use the 50-cent coupon from the July 22 SmartSource circular to pay $1.50. Scotch Gem Magic Tape is on sale for 50 cents (regularly $2). Use the 25-cent coupon from the Aug. 5 SmartSource circular to pay 25 cents per roll. Pay $48.99 at the register for Staples 8.5-inch by 11-inch copy paper (10-ream case). You will get $39 back in Staples Rewards, so your net cost will be $9.99, or $1 per ream.
Office Max: Get a free 10-pack of Duracell CopperTop AA batteries when you purchase $50 or more in HP ink (value $9.99). Limit two.
The full Coupon Mom column appears Thursdays in The Atlanta Journal-Constitution’s Deal Spotter section. It’s full of great local deals and exclusive offers. Visit the Coupon Mom website for more great finds.
– Coupon Mom, for the AJC Atlanta Bargain Hunter blog