2:09 pm August 17, 2012, by Blog Administrator
Across the AJC’s newsroom a bit, our Sports News Now blogger has posted this unusual Groupon:
For $30,000, you can throw out the first pitch at the Chicago Cubs’ Aug. 30 home day game against the Milwaukee Brewers.
The experience includes a personal suite for you and 13 friends, a tour of Wrigley Field, a full Cubs uniform and your very own press conference.
Forget the hapless Cubbies and their legacy for being allergic to baseball’s big prize. How much would you pay to throw out the first pitch — in full Atlanta Bravos uniform — at The Ted?
Bonus question: Who would you want as your catcher?
In print, our Deal Spotter section in Thursday’s Atlanta Journal-Constitution is full of great local deals and exclusive offers.
– For the AJC Atlanta Bargain Hunter blog
• Monday: Wes Moss, host of WSB's 'Money Matters'
• Tuesday: Weekly focus on trends, ID theft & more
• Wednesday: Jessica Shops' Deals, Steals & Trends
• Thursday: Clark Howard, Atlanta's consumer expert
• Friday: Coupon Mom's Ways to Save on Groceries
Follow Bargain Hunter: Twitter | Facebook | Email
• The Atlanta 50: What to See and Do, our inside scoop on Atlanta’s vibrant cultural and leisure scene, including tips on parking, where you should go and best times to avoid big crowds. Order e-book guide today.
• The Atlanta 50: Where to eat, John Kessler's e-book and print guide to 50 of the top area restaurants.
Vacation stops, manage subscriptions and more