Stay in style with in-town getaways
You’re aching for a chance to recharge. Maybe you need a calm, cool place to crash while your home’s air-conditioning system is being repaired. Or you don’t want to drive all the way back home to the ’burbs after a Braves game or sightseeing tour with visiting family.
Whatever your reason, one of these current special offers from Midtown and downtown Atlanta hotels might meet your needs for a quick getaway:
Westin Peachtree Plaza
- It pays to be local. Save 15 percent with proof of Georgia residency.
- Take an aquatic excursion with the Georgia Aquarium package from $212 a night, which includes two reservation-free tickets to the aquarium (regularly $35.95 each), breakfast for two in the Westin café and free valet parking. If you’re bringing the young’uns, choose the family package from $268 a night, which includes an extra two kids’ tickets and breakfasts.
- Effervescent families can snag the World of Coca-Cola package ($160 for two, $170 for four), which includes reservation-free admittance to the interactive museum.
The Georgian Terrace
- It’s all in the name. Georgians — and those in neighboring states — can receive 15 percent off standard rooms and suites.
- Plan a glamorous girls’ night out for you and your closest friends: $339 will get you an indulgent getaway including breakfast for four, manicures and pedicures, cocktails at the Livingston Lounge, valet parking and free transportation within a three-mile radius. The package can be upgraded to six people.
Your kids won’t have that cooped-up-in-a-hotel feeling with the Camp Omni summer package. Get a 15 percent discount off a two-night stay, including free breakfast for kids 12 and younger, a pre-call from the “camp counselor,” a $10 gift card for kids to use in the hotel and a welcome backpack with s’mores-flavored marshmallows, water bottle and lanyard kit. Plus, the kids will love the camp newsletter with a scavenger hunt, which is redeemable for a merit badge and “dirt and worms” dessert upon completion. From $166 per night.
- The Atlanta Summer Getaway package includes valet parking and a $25 hotel credit for $165 a night. Or take someone special for $209 per night, which includes breakfast for two.
- What’s your sign? If it’s Leo, your astrological reign brings an offer of $199 for your first night, with the second night’s cost based on your age. (Just turned 55? Pay $55.) You’ll also receive 20 percent off any Bliss Spa service and at the W Store.
- For those looking for a bit longer getaway, book a two-night stay and receive a third free with promotional code “Z3H.”
Receive up to 15 percent off the best available rate when you book at least 14 days in advance.
(Also check for professional, AAA and AARP discounts, though you might not be able to combine some discounts and offers.)
Where have you found a great getaway in town?
– By Lauren Davidson, Atlanta Bargain Hunter
Follow me on Facebook | Twitter | Email