1:57 pm June 12, 2012, by Lauren Davidson
Need a job?
According to today’s story by David Markiewicz on ajc.com, Atlanta’s net employment outlook is declining, although more companies are planning to hire employees than reduce staff in the third quarter of this year.
But Kiplinger, a personal finance magazine and website, is predicting great things for the home of Home Depot and Coca-Cola. The website listed Atlanta as one its Eight Cities with Surprising Job Growth this week, predicting an 8 percent job growth in the next five years and saying that “Atlanta’s size and diversity will make it a good place to relocate and look for work.”
What has been your experience in Atlanta? Have you seen more jobs opening up recently?
– By Lauren Davidson, Atlanta Bargain Hunter
• Monday: Wes Moss, host of WSB's 'Money Matters'
• Tuesday: Weekly focus on trends, ID theft & more
• Wednesday: Jessica Shops' Deals, Steals & Trends
• Thursday: Clark Howard, Atlanta's consumer expert
• Friday: Coupon Mom's Ways to Save on Groceries
Follow Bargain Hunter: Twitter | Facebook | Email
• The Atlanta 50: What to See and Do, our inside scoop on Atlanta’s vibrant cultural and leisure scene, including tips on parking, where you should go and best times to avoid big crowds. Order e-book guide today.
• The Atlanta 50: Where to eat, John Kessler's e-book and print guide to 50 of the top area restaurants.
Vacation stops, manage subscriptions and more