2:15 pm May 18, 2012, by Blog Administrator
Our regular Monday blogger, certified financial planner and Sunday morning WSB radio show host Wes Moss, recently offered a few of his perspectives in advance of today’s initial public stock offering on the Nasdaq by Facebook.
– His initial post on the topic – “Should you buy Facebook?” — was published on this blog in February, but remains relevant because of the long-term view he takes:
You may want to give the stock a few months to find a level reflective of both the company’s future promise and the challenges it faces.
– A follow-up post last month — “Return of the tech bubble?” — posits an even wider view as Wes examines the balance between innovation and fundamentals that tech-sector investors especially need to weigh:
As the tech sector continues to heat up with Instagram-type deals, look for ways to cash-in while maintaining a diverse portfolio that is in line with your long-term goals and risk tolerance.
With subsequent developments from Facebook and the overall tech world, how have your answers to these questions evolved? Would you recommend a Facebook buy, whether now or later?
And what about the specter of a return to the burst tech bubble of the late 1990s? Inevitable, or are things far different today?
• Monday: Wes Moss, host of WSB's 'Money Matters'
• Tuesday: Weekly focus on trends, ID theft & more
• Wednesday: Jessica Shops' Deals, Steals & Trends
• Thursday: Clark Howard, Atlanta's consumer expert
• Friday: Coupon Mom's Ways to Save on Groceries
Follow Bargain Hunter: Twitter | Facebook | Email
• The Atlanta 50: What to See and Do, our inside scoop on Atlanta’s vibrant cultural and leisure scene, including tips on parking, where you should go and best times to avoid big crowds. Order e-book guide today.
• The Atlanta 50: Where to eat, John Kessler's e-book and print guide to 50 of the top area restaurants.
Vacation stops, manage subscriptions and more