7:00 am January 26, 2012, by Lauren Davidson
Get your nose out of that book and get your tail over to the Fox.
Local students can purchase a discounted $25 student rush ticket for the Atlanta premiere of “Memphis” at the Fox Theatre Jan. 31-Feb. 5, thanks to Broadway in Atlanta. Bring your valid student ID with you to the Fox Theatre box office two hours prior to performance time. The student rush ticket price will be available for all performances with a one-ticket limit per student ID. Student rush tickets are available for any open seat in the house.
The performance schedule for “Memphis” is:
The show won four 2010 Tony Awards including Best Musical, Best Original Score, Best Book and Best Orchestrations. “Memphis” takes place in the smoky halls and underground clubs of the segregated 50s, where a young white DJ named Huey Calhoun fell in love with everything he shouldn’t: rock and roll and an electrifying black singer. “Memphis” is an original story about the cultural revolution that erupted when his vision met her voice, and the music changed forever.
– By Lauren Davidson, Atlanta Bargain Hunter
Want to learn how to coupon? Or have questions about the process? Join us on the blog for our live chat with Coupon Mom Stephanie Nelson on Jan. 31 at 11 a.m.
• Monday: Wes Moss, host of WSB's 'Money Matters'
• Tuesday: Weekly focus on trends, ID theft & more
• Wednesday: Jessica Shops' Deals, Steals & Trends
• Thursday: Clark Howard, Atlanta's consumer expert
• Friday: Coupon Mom's Ways to Save on Groceries
Follow Bargain Hunter: Twitter | Facebook | Email
• The Atlanta 50: What to See and Do, our inside scoop on Atlanta’s vibrant cultural and leisure scene, including tips on parking, where you should go and best times to avoid big crowds. Order e-book guide today.
• The Atlanta 50: Where to eat, John Kessler's e-book and print guide to 50 of the top area restaurants.
Vacation stops, manage subscriptions and more