10:00 am December 29, 2011, by Lauren Davidson
Take the family on an exploration of beauty this winter.
Enjoy complimentary admission to Callaway Gardens between Jan. 1 and Feb. 29, 2012 (reg. $18 adults, $9 ages 6-12).
OK, I know it’s chilly outside, but there’s a lot of wonder to experience in the Gardens, even in the dead of winter.
Try exploring the horticultural center with its gorgeous floral displays or getting a little exercise with the family on one of the walking trails or bicycle trail. Plus, if you get cold, you can always duck into the tropical butterfly center to warm up while more than 1,000 beautiful creatures flutter around you.
Open daily 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. 17800 U.S. Highway 27, Pine Mountain. 706-663-2281.
– By Lauren Davidson, Atlanta Bargain Hunter
• Monday: Wes Moss, host of WSB's 'Money Matters'
• Tuesday: Weekly focus on trends, ID theft & more
• Wednesday: Jessica Shops' Deals, Steals & Trends
• Thursday: Clark Howard, Atlanta's consumer expert
• Friday: Coupon Mom's Ways to Save on Groceries
Follow Bargain Hunter: Twitter | Facebook | Email
• The Atlanta 50: What to See and Do, our inside scoop on Atlanta’s vibrant cultural and leisure scene, including tips on parking, where you should go and best times to avoid big crowds. Order e-book guide today.
• The Atlanta 50: Where to eat, John Kessler's e-book and print guide to 50 of the top area restaurants.
Vacation stops, manage subscriptions and more