2:41 pm November 4, 2011, by Lauren Davidson
You know you’re shopping at an independent store when a Labrador retriever lies happily sprawled out in the back aisle.
Small Business Saturday, the Nov. 26 shopping day driven by American Express, focuses on local, independent retailers. For many it’s a welcome respite from the big-box chaos on Black Friday.
If you’d rather spend your hard-earned dollars at local mom-and-pops and you have an American Express card, simply sign up to get a free $25 statement credit you can use toward Small Business Saturday. Registration is limited. Credit cannot be used at large or national chain stores. View the sign-up page for more details.
– By Lauren Davidson, Atlanta Bargain Hunter
Comments are closed.
• Monday: Wes Moss, host of WSB's 'Money Matters'
• Tuesday: Weekly focus on trends, ID theft & more
• Wednesday: Jessica Shops' Deals, Steals & Trends
• Thursday: Clark Howard, Atlanta's consumer expert
• Friday: Coupon Mom's Ways to Save on Groceries
Follow Bargain Hunter: Twitter | Facebook | Email
• The Atlanta 50: What to See and Do, our inside scoop on Atlanta’s vibrant cultural and leisure scene, including tips on parking, where you should go and best times to avoid big crowds. Order e-book guide today.
• The Atlanta 50: Where to eat, John Kessler's e-book and print guide to 50 of the top area restaurants.
Vacation stops, manage subscriptions and more