2:00 pm October 27, 2011, by Lauren Davidson
Let your kids visit the spider crabs, batfish, “ghost jellies” and toothy sharks this weekend for a screaming good time. For free.
This Halloween the Georgia Aquarium will transform into the Georgia A-Scary-Um to celebrate the howling fun holiday. Children 12 and younger dressed in costume will receive free admission when accompanied by an adult (offer valid for up to two children in costume per one paid adult or annual pass holder on Saturday and Sunday). The event includes trick-or-treat stations, costume contests, spooky arts and craft tables, family-friendly activities and giveaways.
Georgia A-Scary-Um is partnering with Green Halloween, a non-profit initiative to provide healthier and more Earth-friendly options to families by teaching them about eco-friendly and animal friendly Halloween candy. Parents can also learn about healthy and sustainable Halloween tips and easy recipes to try at home.
Additional Halloween festivities include a “Monsters of the Deep” lecture on Friday and a spooky sleepover on Saturday. 225 Baker St. NW Atlanta. 404-581-4000.
– By Lauren Davidson, Atlanta Bargain Hunter
• Monday: Wes Moss, host of WSB's 'Money Matters'
• Tuesday: Weekly focus on trends, ID theft & more
• Wednesday: Jessica Shops' Deals, Steals & Trends
• Thursday: Clark Howard, Atlanta's consumer expert
• Friday: Coupon Mom's Ways to Save on Groceries
Follow Bargain Hunter: Twitter | Facebook | Email
• The Atlanta 50: What to See and Do, our inside scoop on Atlanta’s vibrant cultural and leisure scene, including tips on parking, where you should go and best times to avoid big crowds. Order e-book guide today.
• The Atlanta 50: Where to eat, John Kessler's e-book and print guide to 50 of the top area restaurants.
Vacation stops, manage subscriptions and more