10:00 am October 26, 2011, by Lauren Davidson
Would you think it a whale of a tale if I said you could get lobster, to go, for under $10?
Marietta Fish Market is celebrating its three-year anniversary with its annual customer appreciation party this week. The five-day event runs today through Sunday and will feature a special menu of 10 popular dishes under $10; live music and other entertainment; and, of course, lobsters. Lots and lots of lobsters.
The restaurant will offer some of its most popular menu items for a special price of $9.95. Guests can enjoy whole steamed lobster (1.5 pounds) served with stuffed clams and stuffed crabs; crab legs with fried jumbo shrimp; a 14-ounce New York strip steak with stuffed shrimp or stuffed scallops; a fried platter of shrimp, flounder and scallops; Maryland-style crab cakes served alongside broiled jumbo shrimp; sautéed shrimp with cheese grits; and seafood jambalaya. The entrées all come with sides.
During the celebration, you can even get your lobster to go at the drive-through without ever leaving your car. But you’ll want to stay for a while; the event features clowns, magicians and balloons for the kids; roses for the women; free hors d’oeuvres, live music and helicopter rides. 3185 Canton Road, Marietta. 770-218-3474.
– By Lauren Davidson, Atlanta Bargain Hunter
• Monday: Wes Moss, host of WSB's 'Money Matters'
• Tuesday: Weekly focus on trends, ID theft & more
• Wednesday: Jessica Shops' Deals, Steals & Trends
• Thursday: Clark Howard, Atlanta's consumer expert
• Friday: Coupon Mom's Ways to Save on Groceries
Follow Bargain Hunter: Twitter | Facebook | Email
• The Atlanta 50: What to See and Do, our inside scoop on Atlanta’s vibrant cultural and leisure scene, including tips on parking, where you should go and best times to avoid big crowds. Order e-book guide today.
• The Atlanta 50: Where to eat, John Kessler's e-book and print guide to 50 of the top area restaurants.
Vacation stops, manage subscriptions and more