10:00 am September 26, 2011, by Lauren Davidson
Your local ice cream shop is granting your wish for free ice cream — and hoping that in return you’ll support someone else’s dreams coming true.
This month Coldstone Creamery partners with the Make-A-Wish Foundation to support children with life-threatening diseases. To promote the cause, Coldstone is throwing the world’s largest ice cream social Tuesday from 5 to 8 p.m. and will give away free ice cream. The “like-it”-sized “Sprinkled with Wishes Creation” features sweet cream ice cream, brownie, rainbow sprinkles and fudge.
You can support Make-A-Wish through your local Coldstone by purchasing a paper star for $1 in stores. 100 percent of all donations go to the Make-A-Wish Foundation.
– By Lauren Davidson, Atlanta Bargain Hunter
• Monday: Wes Moss, host of WSB's 'Money Matters'
• Tuesday: Weekly focus on trends, ID theft & more
• Wednesday: Jessica Shops' Deals, Steals & Trends
• Thursday: Clark Howard, Atlanta's consumer expert
• Friday: Coupon Mom's Ways to Save on Groceries
Follow Bargain Hunter: Twitter | Facebook | Email
• The Atlanta 50: What to See and Do, our inside scoop on Atlanta’s vibrant cultural and leisure scene, including tips on parking, where you should go and best times to avoid big crowds. Order e-book guide today.
• The Atlanta 50: Where to eat, John Kessler's e-book and print guide to 50 of the top area restaurants.
Vacation stops, manage subscriptions and more