4:00 pm September 22, 2011, by Lauren Davidson
This weekend has serious family-time potential, with free museums and kids’ activities.
Smithsonian Museum Day: Take your family to the Booth Western Art Museum in Cartersville or to the Center for Puppetry Arts for free this Saturday. Museums across the country are participating in free Museum Day, and you can visit the Museum Day website for a full list of participating locations. You must fill out this form and print your ticket, which is valid for two people. One ticket per household.
Fourth Saturday Family Fun Days: Take the kids for a (free!) afternoon of “Our Many Cultures” interactive entertainment and educational activities at Centennial Olympic Park. Don’t miss out on the life-sized chess games, contests and street performances. Saturday. Noon to 4 p.m. 265 Park Ave. West, Atlanta.
– By Lauren Davidson, Atlanta Bargain Hunter
• Monday: Wes Moss, host of WSB's 'Money Matters'
• Tuesday: Weekly focus on trends, ID theft & more
• Wednesday: Jessica Shops' Deals, Steals & Trends
• Thursday: Clark Howard, Atlanta's consumer expert
• Friday: Coupon Mom's Ways to Save on Groceries
Follow Bargain Hunter: Twitter | Facebook | Email
• The Atlanta 50: What to See and Do, our inside scoop on Atlanta’s vibrant cultural and leisure scene, including tips on parking, where you should go and best times to avoid big crowds. Order e-book guide today.
• The Atlanta 50: Where to eat, John Kessler's e-book and print guide to 50 of the top area restaurants.
Vacation stops, manage subscriptions and more