9:17 am August 8, 2011, by Lauren Davidson
If helping children in need gives you the same thrill as the 200-foot drop on Goliath, this deal will leave you breathless — or at least with a huge smile on your face.
Enjoy a day of fun and lend a helping hand as Six Flags Over Georgia hosts a school supplies drive in partnership with Kids In Need, a project of the Atlanta Community Food Bank. Donate six new school supplies to receive a coupon valid for 50 percent off park admission (reg. $54.99) today through Friday.
“Six Flags is always looking for ways to be involved in the community,” said Melinda Ashcraft, Park President. “We could not think of a better way to say farewell to summer than by collecting school supplies for families that cannot afford these essentials for their children.”
Every year, Kids In Need distributes hundreds of thousands of pounds of school supplies to teachers in low-income schools in twelve metro-Atlanta school systems, including Cobb County, Atlanta Public Schools, Fulton County and Marietta City.
Guests must donate six or more new school supplies when they visit anytime today through Friday. Suggested donations include pencils, erasers, crayons, spiral notebooks, rulers, glue sticks, broad tip markers and pocket folders. (Most of these you can find for less than $1, some for less than 50 cents.)
– By Lauren Davidson, Atlanta Bargain Hunter
• Monday: Wes Moss, host of WSB's 'Money Matters'
• Tuesday: Weekly focus on trends, ID theft & more
• Wednesday: Jessica Shops' Deals, Steals & Trends
• Thursday: Clark Howard, Atlanta's consumer expert
• Friday: Coupon Mom's Ways to Save on Groceries
Follow Bargain Hunter: Twitter | Facebook | Email
• The Atlanta 50: What to See and Do, our inside scoop on Atlanta’s vibrant cultural and leisure scene, including tips on parking, where you should go and best times to avoid big crowds. Order e-book guide today.
• The Atlanta 50: Where to eat, John Kessler's e-book and print guide to 50 of the top area restaurants.
Vacation stops, manage subscriptions and more