4:13 pm May 24, 2011, by Lauren Davidson
Looking for a cheap weekend getaway?
Try this super sale: $59 each way to Chicago this Memorial Day weekend. This deal, through Fly.com, wasn’t available through other search engines I checked. Flight times for Friday especially are early (7 a.m. Yikes!), but it’s worth it for the price.
Memorial Day marks the start of summer in Chicago, and the city celebrates with a huge parade downtown and festivals all over the city. Among the most popular are the Belmont/Sheffield Music Festival and the Randolph Street Market Festival. Lake Michigan beaches also open this weekend.
Who knows who long this deal will be up, so if you’re interested make plans quickly.
– By Lauren Davidson, Atlanta Bargain Hunter
• Monday: Wes Moss, host of WSB's 'Money Matters'
• Tuesday: Weekly focus on trends, ID theft & more
• Wednesday: Jessica Shops' Deals, Steals & Trends
• Thursday: Clark Howard, Atlanta's consumer expert
• Friday: Coupon Mom's Ways to Save on Groceries
Follow Bargain Hunter: Twitter | Facebook | Email
• The Atlanta 50: What to See and Do, our inside scoop on Atlanta’s vibrant cultural and leisure scene, including tips on parking, where you should go and best times to avoid big crowds. Order e-book guide today.
• The Atlanta 50: Where to eat, John Kessler's e-book and print guide to 50 of the top area restaurants.
Vacation stops, manage subscriptions and more