8:15 am February 18, 2011, by Lauren Davidson
Want your car to last forever? You’re probably out of luck until the 2060 models come out. But until then you can attend to the details that will help your auto over the long run. Who doesn’t want their car to last an extra year or two?
This Kiplinger quiz highlights 10 steps you can take to keep your car running smoothly. Some of the answers you’ll probably know, like the answer to “Which U.S. coin do you use to check your tire treads?” But some information might surprise you — so go ahead and take it.
Have you ever maintained a vehicle that seemed to have nine lives? What did you do to take care of it?
– By Lauren Davidson, Atlanta Bargain Hunter
• Monday: Wes Moss, host of WSB's 'Money Matters'
• Tuesday: Weekly focus on trends, ID theft & more
• Wednesday: Jessica Shops' Deals, Steals & Trends
• Thursday: Clark Howard, Atlanta's consumer expert
• Friday: Coupon Mom's Ways to Save on Groceries
Follow Bargain Hunter: Twitter | Facebook | Email
• The Atlanta 50: What to See and Do, our inside scoop on Atlanta’s vibrant cultural and leisure scene, including tips on parking, where you should go and best times to avoid big crowds. Order e-book guide today.
• The Atlanta 50: Where to eat, John Kessler's e-book and print guide to 50 of the top area restaurants.
Vacation stops, manage subscriptions and more