9:32 am February 10, 2011, by Lauren Davidson
One of the best pieces of advice I’ve heard is not to destroy your budget on jewelry early on in a relationship. Because then how will you outdo yourself in years to come? It’s better to give a modest but thoughtful gift early on and then adjust as necessary as your financial situation evolves.
Here’s a short video from MSN money on buying jewelry this season. Some of the highlights for Valentine’s Day bargain hunters include:
Also, if you haven’t checked out Bejool yet, you should. It’s the latest version of the group-deal-buying site and features simple, sweet jewelry for special people in your life.
If you’ve ever bought expensive Valentine’s jewelry for someone (even if you got a deal), did you think to insure it? What advice would you give to others thinking about purchasing jewelry?
– By Lauren Davidson, Atlanta Bargain Hunter
• Monday: Wes Moss, host of WSB's 'Money Matters'
• Tuesday: Weekly focus on trends, ID theft & more
• Wednesday: Jessica Shops' Deals, Steals & Trends
• Thursday: Clark Howard, Atlanta's consumer expert
• Friday: Coupon Mom's Ways to Save on Groceries
Follow Bargain Hunter: Twitter | Facebook | Email
• The Atlanta 50: What to See and Do, our inside scoop on Atlanta’s vibrant cultural and leisure scene, including tips on parking, where you should go and best times to avoid big crowds. Order e-book guide today.
• The Atlanta 50: Where to eat, John Kessler's e-book and print guide to 50 of the top area restaurants.
Vacation stops, manage subscriptions and more