4:59 pm November 19, 2010, by Blog Administrator
Just in time for Black Friday TJ Maxx will sell iPads for $399, the store confirmed on Twitter today. In fact it told potential customers they didn’t have to wait till Nov. 26 for the $100 discount: “Not Black Friday. NOW! (select unadvertised stores only)”.
But don’t rush out just yet! We just made some calls to metro Atlanta stores and got a big-fat “no.” In fact, one associate went so far as to say only stores in N.Y. and N.J. got them and they are “sold out and will not sell anymore.” Not so sure this scripted response is 100% accurate but alas, Atlanta likely will not benefit from the deal. So who will?
TJ Maxx tweeted that “We aren’t advertising the iPad locales. This speaks to our ability to deliver WOWs! Never know what you’ll find!”
Oh well, you can still find Atlanta deals and steals right here for Thanksgiving, Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
And if you find some unbelievable deal or other Black Friday buzz, Tweet us @atlbargains (use #blackfridayatl) or send us a text message at 404-890-0AJC.
MORE BLACK FRIDAY INFO
Metro mall hours
Store hours for Thanksgiving and Black Friday
Your Atlanta Holiday Guide to shopping, entertainment, events and more
– By AJC staff, Bargain Hunter blog
• Monday: Wes Moss, host of WSB's 'Money Matters'
• Tuesday: Weekly focus on trends, ID theft & more
• Wednesday: Jessica Shops' Deals, Steals & Trends
• Thursday: Clark Howard, Atlanta's consumer expert
• Friday: Coupon Mom's Ways to Save on Groceries
Follow Bargain Hunter: Twitter | Facebook | Email
• The Atlanta 50: What to See and Do, our inside scoop on Atlanta’s vibrant cultural and leisure scene, including tips on parking, where you should go and best times to avoid big crowds. Order e-book guide today.
• The Atlanta 50: Where to eat, John Kessler's e-book and print guide to 50 of the top area restaurants.
Vacation stops, manage subscriptions and more