So, there’s no sales-tax holiday this year in Georgia. Don’t despair. Back-to-school shopping can still be a highlight for children — and an affordable annual event for parents.
Check the Atlanta Bargain Hunter blog daily for sales and specials on back-to-school apparel, shoes, accessories, supplies and more. And if you come across a can’t-miss deal, don’t hesitate to let us know about it in the comment section below. Here are some of the best deals on school supplies, plus a bonus.
– Keep it straight with 12-inch wooden rulers for only 5 cents each. Limit 6. Office Max.
– Hello Kitty. Spiderman. Toy Story. Yep, you’re getting straight to your kid’s heart with these backpacks. Yes, you’ll save a lot more by staying away from the character-themed bags, but if this is a must-have for your little one, Office Depot has durable SwissGear backpacks marked 25 percent off.
– Backpacks from Samsonite, High Sierra and other name brands are 50 percent off at Staples.
– You already know it will be on your supply list. School glue is 1 cent each with a minimum $5 purchase at Staples.
– This is a great deal on Crayola Crayons. The 24-count box at Publix are three for $1. That’s a savings of almost $5 on three.
– These aren’t your everyday Chuck Taylor’s. They are Dr. Seuss inspired with Hi Hat, Cat and One Fish Two Fish styles that your kids will sport with pride: $39.99 at Shoe Carnival.