Most retailers aren’t waiting on shoppers to ask. They are revealing their Black Friday plans now. That strategy is designed to build momentum for the big day and increase sales in the run-up to Nov. 27 as well.
For example, we know now that:
– Kohl’s will post its deals on its Web site on Nov. 22. to help those “planning their shopping strategy.” The store will be open from 4 a.m. until midnight, and will have more than 300 early bird specials.
– Toys “R” Us will open at midnight on Thursday, Nov. 26, five hours earlier than the store has opened in the past. More than 70 doorbusters will be offered between midnight and 5 a.m., just as many shoppers used to last year’s routine are rolling out of bed. More doorbusters will be available after 5 a.m. and on Wednesday, Nov. 25, there will be a preview of more than 100 unadvertised “Mystery Deals” available in-store on Black Friday between midnight and 1 p.m.
Tucked in its new release is this gem: “Tens of thousands Zhu Zhu Pet Hamsters ready to find new homes.” There are 680 Toys “R” Us stores nationally.
– We know all of Best Buy’s leaked Black Friday deals, and that the store will start offering Black Friday-like ads in its stores and online today.
– At the North Georgia Premium Outlets, some stores will open as early as 10 p.m. Thanksgiving night, while others will turn on the lights at midnight. The shopping center is encouraging shoppers to sign up for the free VIP Shopper Club online at premiumoutlets.com/vip where they’ll offer exclusive online coupons and a voucher for a free coupon book.
– REI is holding a giveaway on Friday, Nov. 27, for the first 300 customers and members. The store will give out gift cards ranging in value from $5 to $100, and resuable shopping bags.
– IKEA released its Seize the Days Black Friday weekend specials. Sofas, utensils, tables and an even a CD tower are among the items that will be deeply discounted. There’s even a coupon here for a free small breakfast and coffee, Friday through Sunday until 10:30 a.m.
Follow me on Twitter @atlbargains