By Howard Pousner
Georgia Shakespeare has announced its 2012-13 lineup:
- Shakespeare in the Park (formerly Shake at the Lake, renamed to reflect new location) presents “The Tempest” at Piedmont Park’s Legacy Fountain, May 9-13.
- “Illyria: a Twelfth Night Musical,” June 6-Aug. 5, an adaptation by John R. Briggs, creator of 2010’s “Shrew: the Musical.” Features Chris Kayser as Sir Toby Belch and Tess Malis Kincaid as Maria.
- “Much Ado About Nothing,” June 21-Aug. 4, directed by producing artistic director Richard Garner. Courtney Patterson and Joe Knezevich appear as lovers Beatrice and Benedick opposite Ann Marie Gideon and Eugene H. Russell IV as Hero and Claudio.
- “The Importance of Being Earnest,” July 5-Aug. 3, with Courtney Patterson and Bethany Anne Lind.
- “The Emperor and the Nightingale,” July 14-Aug. 3, a family musical adapted from the Hans Christian Andersen story, with Terrance Jackson as the Emperor and Ann Marie Gideon