The CMAs sure love Carrie Underwood and Brad Paisley. The two affable country performers will host the show a fourth time. The show isn’t even set to air until November on CBS so the pair have plenty of time to prepare.
Using a really old reference, they have become the Gracie Allen and George Burns of this generation. They have a chemistry and camaraderie that solidified them as two of the most popular country artists of our generation.
Carrie’s current duet with him “Remind Me’ is now at No. 12 on the country chart and is still steadily climbing.
- Jordin Sparks will sing the National Anthem tonight for the MLB All Star Game in Phoenix.
In other chart news:
- Kelly Clarkson has a new single “Let Me Down.” It looks like yet another hit for her. Her duet with Jason Aldean “Don’t You Wanna Stay” was a No. 1 on country and is now a top 10 hit on the Hot AC chart.
- Scotty McCreery’s “I Love You This Big” is now at No. 17 on the country chart. Kellie Pickler’s “Tough” is at No. 50.
- Jennifer Hudson’s “No One Gonna Love You” is at No. 31 on the urban chart but is kind of stuck in that vicinity.
- Mandisa’s former No. 1 song “Stronger” is still at No. 5 on the Christian chart in its 25th week. Chris Sligh’s “One,” which peaked at No. 20, is now at No. 22 after 14 weeks on the chart.
- Pia Toscano’s “This Time” is set to be released later this week.