Naturally, Joe’s Place got all sorts of juicy details from last Friday’s pre-taped performance with the top 12 guys we’ll see Tuesday night. The site got not only the songs but the performance order.
If you want to know, here it is.
I won’t give away any specifics but here are teasers:
- Three of the 12 guys received standing ovations from the audience. Two you’d expect, one not so much.
- A very obvious person got the pimp spot.
- One person sang a song best known to be sung by a woman.
- At least one guy chose a sung he had already sung in Hollywood.
- At least four of the songs have been done on “American Idol” before, one that was a signature song for a woman during season one. Two have been kind of done to death on this show and not good picks at all.
- One hard-rock act that I’m 100% certain has never been heard on “Idol” gets covered.
- Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler become tear-eyed over one performance.
- One person blames the fact he was “given” a song for his less-than-stellar performance.
- The new stage set up no longer has sorority girls swaying in the front.
- No instruments.
- Nigel Lythgoe made his presence known.
- Casey Abrams had just come from the hospital and appeared understandably tired.
- The band is not hidden.
- Tyler did not say anything that required “bleeping.”
- Randy, sitting in Simon Cowell’s seat, makes a Simon-esque reference.
The women perform tonight, to air Wednesday.